Posterior - Tibial - Support, knee immobilisation support
medi PTS is a knee immobilising brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on intact skin.
- Relief of PCL transplant during remodelling process
- For limitation of the posterior draw of tibia and relief of the Posterior cruciate ligament
Fix the calf support pad in the brace so that the upper edge of the pad is aligned with the marking on the brace. The lower end of the pad with the divided tongue should align with the top edge of the malleolus (ankle bone). If the pad is too long it may be cut off at the top.
Caution: The pad should not project beyond the marking.
Align the posterior stabilisation rods in the centre of the back of the leg. If necessary, the medial and lateral rods can also be moulded.
Wrap the sides around the leg so that the kneecap remains uncovered. To achieve a perfect fit around the leg, the two inner sections of the brace can be adjusted.
First close the thigh straps, then the calf straps. Tighten the Velcro fastener directly above the knee again.
- Conservative treatment of recent PCL rupture / PCL instability
- Post-operative immobilisation after PCL reconstruction
- Treatment resistant patello femoral pain
- Extension deficit due to contracture of the posterior capsule fibres
- Acute anterior knee pain
- Thrombosis of the deep veins of the leg and thigh
- Isolated anterior cruciate ligament rupture or insufficiency