Orthosis for physiological guidance of the knee joint
Genumedi pro is a knee orthosis with stabilising straps and joints for the support of physiological guidance of the knee joint. The product is to be used for orthotic management of the knee exclusively and only on intact skin.
- Modern easyglide hinges stabilise and support the natural roll and glide motion of the knee joint
- Circular straps at the thigh and lower leg for a secure fit and improvement of wearing comfort.
- Integrated recessed grip at the upper edge of the orthosis to aid donning
- Silicone coating at the back of the thigh area helps to prevent migration
- Contains Rigid Material
The integrated silicone ring of the Genumedi reduces stress on the kneecap. Together with the compression of the knitted fabric, it causes a massage effect. This enhances perfusion of the joint and decreases swelling and effusion. Irritation and pain are alleviated. At the same time, muscular control and inherent stabilisation of the knee joint are improved. The medially and laterally placed Easyglide joints provide additional stability. The new Easyglide joint technology ensures relief of the knee joint and supports its physiological rolling and gliding movement. The two straps encircling the thigh and calf provide additional stability. Supports are most beneficial during physical activity.
Open both straps.
Grip the brace with the thumb on the inside at the upper end of the lateral adherent nap straps.
Pull the brace over your knee in such a way that the silicone ring encircles the patella centrally and without pressure. The middle of the joint should now be in a line with the upper edge of the patella.
Close both straps.
To take off the brace, first open both straps, then grip the brace at the lower edge and pull it down.
Please take care that trained staff instruct you when putting on the support for the first time.
- Mild to moderate instability of the knee joint
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Mild meniscus injuries
- Mild lateral ligament instabilities
- For postoperative stabilisation and compression, for example following partial meniscectomy or cartilage smoothing
- Diseases or injuries of the skin in the area of use, especially with inflammatory symptoms (excessive warming, swelling or reddening)
- Sensitivity and perfusion disorders of the legs (e.g. in the case of diabetes)
- Lymph outflow disorders, as well as undiagnosed swellings of soft tissues, apart from the area of use
|Circumferences in cm||kT||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58|
|kB||25 - 28||28 - 31||31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|
|Circumferences in cm||kT||46 - 49||49 - 52||52 - 55||55 - 58||58 - 61|
|kB||31 - 34||34 - 37||37 - 40||40 - 43||43 - 46|